Wednesday, February 08, 2006

First post

Hello everyone. This is my first blog since joining the Shelby Star team. This is my first week on the job as the new government and courts reporter at the Star. Previously, I covered municipal government, economic development and business for the News-Topic in Lenoir. I am a news junkie and advocate for investigative and computer assisted reporting. So, not surprisingly, most of my blogging will focus on journalism related subjects. For some good reading, check out Derek Willis' weblog on computer assited reporting. Derek was my CAR instructor in college and is currently the Database Editor for the Washington Post.

1 Comments:

Blogger John Derrick said...

Yaaaaay! Welcome to the blogosphere!

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home