Saturday, August 04, 2007

Leash law coming soon? - 8.4.07

After several reports of livestock attacked by packs of dogs and boy bit by a dog in Kings Mountain, the Cleveland County Board of Commissioners began to explore implementing a leash law.

This Tuesday, we should get an answer on whether the county will implement a leash law. The commissioners will be having a work session at 3 p.m. (I'll be there blogging live, so make sure you check back Tuesday afternoon to find out what will happen with the leash law.)

I've talked to several commissioners and it appears the leash law doesn't have a majority supporting it. But you never know how the commissioners will vote.

In February, the Cleveland County Health Department presented a draft proposal of a leash law to county commissioners.

The ordinance would require dog owners to keep their animals on their property or under restraint by a leash, chain or “other device of sufficient strength to maintain control of the dog by that person. Funding would come from the general fund or by implementing a pet license fee for both cats and dogs.

3 Comments:

Blogger SeaCat said...

I hope I can make that meeting, but that is the same evening as "National Night Out" so I am not sure. I have heard that there will be no leash law and I also heard that they were finally going to amend the current tarp law, but who knows! I hope I am around a pc so I can check here and find out.

5:08 AM  
Blogger Pete DeLea said...

The work session meeting is a 3 p.m. They will be discussing the "tarp law" as well.

7:32 AM  
Blogger SeaCat said...

Yes, I am aware of the 3pm work session, but I'm not privy to be paid to be there and must work my regular job. If at all possible though, I'll be there!

9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home