Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Holbrook's statement about fair - 10.2.07


Below is the text of a message delivered by Cleveland County Commission vice chairman Eddie Holbrook:
I would like to congratulate the fair, it’s board and administration for the outstanding job that is being done with this year’s fair.
I would like to express my personal opinion about some statements that have been circulating around the county concerning me and my fellow commissioners.
Neither I nor any of the commissioners have discussed closing the fair. The fair situation has not even been on the agenda at any of our meetings.
I have been a regular fair attendee since I have lived in Cleveland County. I enjoy the fair and my children enjoy the fair. Statements that have been attributed to me about closing or moving the fair are completely false. I really do not mind being criticized for things I have said or done. It’s part of the territory. But I deeply resent anyone who takes statements from me and manipulates them in this manner about me.
I ran for this office with the sole intent of hoping to make a contribution to our county and improve the quality of living for our citizens. If I have made mistakes along the way I apologize.
I am employed at the community college. I can honestly say the college has never had any desire to take over or manage the fair. The college contributes the parking we have at no charge to the fairgrounds and the volunteer fire department.
I learned from my athletic days and business days that you can accomplish much more as a leader. It is my desire and the community college’s desire, as well as our board’s, to be the best team we can for this county.
We want to do nothing but assist and make the fair even better for our citizens. I sincerely ask that you give us time to prove our intentions and to assist us in squelching these rumors that are numerous, widespread and untrue.
Help us move forward in a positive growth mode that we all can be proud of.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home