Friday, September 21, 2007

My football writing debut - 9.21.07

With Gabe in Mississippi covering Gardner-Webb's game against Mississippi State, I'll be covering a football game tonight.

I do have some experience with sports though. Last year I went and blogged Shelby's football teams quest for the state title. I also went with the basketball team to the championship game as well.

While in college, I was the sports editor of my paper before I came editor. So, I understand the game. The challenge will be quickly learning the players, as I don't follow high school football all that much here other than looking at the records and hoping I'll get to go to another state championship game.

Tonight, I will be at the Forestview/Burns game with The Star Car. If all goes well, I will be blogging the game while updating you on scores of other games. So check back tonight for all the action.

1 Comments:

Blogger Gabe Whisnant said...

Enjoy the game in Lawndale tonight, Pete! You'll do fine ...

I'll be checking out the blog tonight from Miss. to see all the Friday night action back home.

2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home